Ashwagandha, also popularly known as the ‘Indian Ginseng’ has been the mainstay of Ayurvedic medicine for more than 3000 years. This remarkable herb has many healing benefits and is a promising option for treating a variety of ailments. Widely known for its many healing powers, Ashwagandha is closely connected with the strength and vigour of a stallion i.e. it is considered a very powerful herb and is used in many Ayurveda products.
Why would you use Ashwagandha?
Researchers have been studying the many benefits of Ashwagandha for years and many studies have been undertaken to understand the extent of the healing benefits of this wonder herb. While the fruit and leaves have therapeutic properties, the root is the most widely used for herbal remedies. Our bodies, on a daily basis need the vitamins, minerals and many other nutrients to maintain balance. Taking this herb ensures that this balance is created in the body effectively. Traditionally, Ashwagandha is prescribed for strengthening immunity after an illness. It also brings with a wide range of benefits that help promote mental and physical health, inhibits anxiety, helps in rejuvenation and ensures longevity.
5 Healing Effects and Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Adaptogenic Herb:A unique herbal ingredient, it is used to improve the health of the adrenal system that manages the body’s hormonal responses to stress factors. Ashwagandha is called an adaptogen because of its special ability to adapt its efficacy depending on the specific need of the body. It strengthens the body’s capacity to fight fatigue and cope with anxiety gently and slowly without causing any jolts.
- Enhances Immunity in the Body: Thisis a great alternative to prescription drugs as this powerful herb has a plethora of benefits. It boosts the immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells in your body and this helps in warding off several types of ailments and is excellent medicine to repair the internal system after a bout of illness.
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties:This amazing herb has significant anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It eases disability and pain and helpsgreatly in arthritic conditions and treating osteoporosis.
- Improves Brain Function: One of the most common and main use of ashwagandha is to improve memory and enhance brain function. This is possible because of its innate anti-oxidant properties and its ability to inhibit the free radicals that cause nerve tissue damage which otherwise can cause neurological problems.
- Is said to mitigate cancer: Ashwagandha is known to have the potential to stem the growth of cancer cells in the body. This ancient herb ensures that the ability of cancer cells to reproduce in the body is disrupted and hence plays a role in fighting cancer. It also has an antigenic function which prevents cancer from manufacturing new blood vessels that would contribute to its growth. If under chemotherapy for cancer treatment, Ashwagandha will help normalize the immunity suppressing effects of this treatment.
A consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor for the right consumption of Ashwagandha is best. Now with online medicine stores like Zigy, you can have these medicines delivered to your doorstep.