The selection of the candidates through AIMS MBBS will be completely based on the candidate’s performance and rank secured in the entrance examination. Candidates who qualify the entrance examination with minimum cut off percentile will be called for the counselling process. It is estimated that the total students called for counselling will be four times the number of seats available. This year AIIMS MBBS will be conducted for 1,207 seats in 15 AIIMS institutes.
AIIMS will declare the result of AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam on June 12, 2019. The merit list will be released rank-wise. Candidates who will secure the minimum qualifying marks can check their result. Individuals can download their scorecards by logging in to their account with the required credentials.Details of the AIIMS 2019 Counselling shall be intimated in the counselling letters that will be uploaded on the official website only after the declaration of AIIMS Result.
Category-wise Seat Reservation
Among the total seats, unreserved category students are eligible for 600 seats, OBC category has 321 seats, SC and ST students are eligible for 180 and 96 seats respectively. PWD candidates get 5% reservation and seven seats in AIIMS, New Delhi are reserved for Foreign Nationals.
Everything about AIIMS MBSS 2019 Counselling
When the result is declared, the qualified candidates are called for the counselling process as per the merit list. Since 2018, AIIMS has started conducting online counselling. The first round of the counselling will commence in the last week of June 2019. The counselling will be conducted in three rounds including separate open and spot rounds. During the counselling procedure, aspirants must register themselves and provide their preferred courses and colleges for admission. The result of the first round of counselling will be announced in the second week of July 2019.
On completing the first round of counselling, candidates are required to report at the allotted institute to get their documents verified and complete the admission process. When the first round of counselling gets over, the authority conducts the second round of counselling and this year it is expected to begin in the third week of July 2019.
Those candidates who belong to the reserved category and qualify in the General Merit List shall attend the counselling for the Open category Seats. If they opt for seats in the reserved category, then they would attend counselling for the seats in the respective reserved category.
- Initially, the counselling will be done for the unreserved seats to be filled by open competition; the candidates would be called based on their merit irrespective of their category.
- In case a candidate belonging to a reserved category do not participate in the counselling procedure, another candidate from the same category will fill up the vacancy in the order of the secured rank.
- If a contestant does not attend the counselling or fails to get a seat in the open category, he/she shall not be allowed to participate in the counselling under the open category.
- If a candidate has selected an institute under the reserved category, then he/she cannot opt for the same institute in the open category.
Post Counselling Procedure: Document Verification
Once the candidates complete the counselling procedure, they must report the allotted college for admission and verification of their documents. They are required to bring the following original documents/testimonials/certificates:
- Certificate of passing the 10+2 school/ Higher Secondary Examination as proof of birth.
- Mark sheet/ Certificate from the Board showing he/she has secured minimum 60% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Certificate of migration from the Board/ University last attended.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Physically Challenged candidates must have Certificate issued by the concerned authority verifying that the person belongs to Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped Category.
Hopefully the above mentioned details are helpful enough. Candidates must visit the official website regularly to keep themselves updates regarding the admission process through AIIMS MBBS 2019.